Skip to content ↓

The Charter School

North Dulwich

Charter 6th Form Football Team win Superleague for second year running

The Charter School storm to victory in 6th Form Football SuperLeague Cup Final 

The Charter School 6th form football team have won the SuperLeague cup for the second year running, after a thrilling final against London Nautical. Final score 7:4.

The delayed 6th form Super League final finally went ahead yesterday (June 30th) . A nail biting match saw The Charter School produce one of the great comebacks to win back to back league and cup double two years in a row. The Charter boys were up against London Nautical School (an all-boys specialist sports college). 

London Nautical’s dominance was seen in the first 20 minutes of the game when they went ahead 2-0. The Charter boys were initially stunned by their powerful start. However, a change in formation saw the Charter team start to get back into the game. Louis Duncan struck the post with a lovely strike from outside the box. Then Charter managed to pull a goal back 5 minutes before half-time when Aris Yerou beat the keeper with a shot 25 yards out.

In the 2nd half started Ayo chipped the keeper to level the score. London Nautical responded well and scored the next goal of the game with a great long distance goal to go ahead 3-2. The Charter boys came out fighting once more and equalised with a good team goal from Roman Bolton. A fine passing move involving Louis Duncan and Roman Bolton saw Charter slice through the heart of London Nautical’s defence to make it 3-3. London Nautical went ahead again with 5 minutes remaining of normal time. With just under 5 minutes of normal time remaining, Bertie Oakes managed to get a touch from Louis’s cross and equalised once again for Charter making it 4-4. The game went into extra-time and  Max Haley was brought on for Charter, and with a delightful right footed finish into the corner made the score 5-4 to Charter. Louis Duncan scored 2 more goals in extra-time to make it 7-4 to Charter. When Louis scored the seventh goal the great comeback was complete. The boys never-say die-attitude and determination won them the game.                                                                                                                                                                                           

Louis Duncan was awarded man of the match by Wilfried Zaha, an English footballer who plays for Crystal Palace, who was watching the match.