Following the recent consultation about possible changes to our academic year as from 2019-20 the Local Governing Body has agreed to change the term dates from Autumn 2019.
This means that:
- Autumn Term 2019 will start for students Monday 2nd September (29th and 30th August will be Inset Days).
- The Autumn half term will run from Monday 21st October 2019 to Friday 1st November 2019. School will start again for students Monday 4th November and the end of term will be Friday 20th December*.
- Spring Term 2020 will run Monday 6th January to Friday 3rd April* with half term Monday 17th February to Friday 21st February
- Summer Term 2020 will run from Monday 20th April with half term Monday 25th May to Friday 29th May*. Unfortunately, we are not yet able to confirm the end of the summer term 2020 due to a lack of information from Southwark.
* Note that Southwark have still not confirmed their term dates for 2019-20 so these dates are still provisional.
This does not affect our term dates for 2018-19, which you can find here.
Please also note that, as stated in the original consultation letter, the school aims to keep the standard 190 days of teaching for students in the academic year in addition to the 5 standard INSET Days.
Thank you to those of you who took part in this consultation. A copy of the letter that was sent to parents regarding this matter can be read below.