The Extended Project Qualification is equivalent to an AS level. The Extended Project is a major piece of individual project work in which you will have the opportunity to investigate a topic that is of particular interest to you. The project can be presented in one of four ways: a written report, a laboratory or fieldwork investigation, a work of art, or a performance. In the past we have had a range of topics:
- To what extent is the use of 0 in trigonometry the figure’s most important use in pure Mathematics?
- What would be the most effective way to limit and reduce the incidence and growth of the UK’s obesity problem?
- What is the future of stem cell therapy for students with cancer?
- Should Shakespeare be modernised?
- Does photographic realist art convey more or less emotion than expressionist art?
The EPQ is graded A* to E and is recognised and highly valued by universities.