Who we are
The Friends of The Charter School North Dulwich is a registered charity run by parent volunteers working closely with school staff to raise funds and support events for the school and the school community.
What we do
The money raised by the Friends, through events and other fundraising activities, supports extra curricula opportunities, funds equipment and supports participation for all students. The Friends also work with the school to apply for grants to support school improvements, such as the reading garden.
Last year we organised the Christmas fair and quiz night and supported parents who created the Secret Charter arts sale and Year 7 disco. Our parents and carers task force improved areas of the school grounds. We also provided refreshments at many school events.
We have continued to run fund-raising campaigns with an environmental focus. Our Plastic Free Charter campaign 2019 ‘Save plastic, save money and stay hydrated’ has helped the school’s mission to reduce single use plastic bottles.
We were also delighted to join forces with The Friends of The Charter School East Dulwich for a parent, student and staff fun run.
Annual General Meeting
We held our Annual General Meeting on Wednesday October 9th where we appointed two new officers and confirmed the committee for this year.
Minutes from the AGM can be found under the minutes section on the right.
Monthly Committee meetings
Our regular meetings are open to all parents and carers and are a great way to meet others, share ideas and help to raise much needed funds for the school.
We hold regular meetings for the Friends committee and anyone wanting to get involved in our working groups and projects.
We also hold termly ‘ideas meetings’ when parents and carers are welcome to drop in and pitch ideas for new activities and events.
- Wednesday 13th November 6:30 – 8pm
- committee meeting and Xmas drinks: Wednesday 18thDec 6:30 onwards
- Thursday 16th January 6:30 – 8pm
- Wednesday 12th February 6:30 – 8pm
- Thursday 19th March 6:30 – 8pm
- Wednesday 22nd April 6:30 – 8pm
- Thursday 21st May 6:30 – 8pm
- Thursday 18th June 6:30 – 8pm
- end of year meeting and drinks: Friday 10th July 6:30 onwards
What we funded in 2018-19
The amazing Secret Charter postcard sale and art auction raised over £55k for new equipment for art, music and drama departments and refurbished the art rooms. We also supported the school to secure a £30k grant from the Wolfson Foundation to refurbish a model science classroom.
Additionally over £24k of Friends funding from events and fundraising campaigns has:
- Helped fund new water fountains and refill stations around the school.
- Serviced the trampolines and table tennis tables
- Bought new netball kits, musical instruments and yoga mats
- Helped students on low incomes to participate in the water sports, football and Year 8 trips
- Funded pupil premium students on the Duke of Edinburgh award scheme
- Funded more plants around the school
- Contributed to guitar club and gardening club
- Refurbished the counselling and learning support rooms
- Thanked the amazing Charter school staff
- AND MORE!
If you shop online you can raise money for the school at no extra cost to yourself. Simply register on the easyfundraising website with The Friends of The Charter School North Dulwich as your cause. Then when you access your favourite online stores via the easyfundraising website and shop with them they will donate a percentage of your total spend to the school.
Click here to access the Easyfundraising site.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer to help at an event, sign-up to receive information about upcoming meetings and events or just to find out more.
Follow us on Twitter @foTCSND