Who we are
The Friends of The Charter School North Dulwich is a registered charity run by parent volunteers working closely with school staff to raise funds and support events for the school and the school community.
What we do
The money raised by the Friends through events and other fundraising activities supports extra curricula opportunities, funds equipment and supports participation for all students. The Friends also work with the school to apply for grants to support school improvements, such as a new Astroturf sports pitch, reusable water bottles, drinking water fountains, LED lighting throughout the school and subsidising extra curricula sports and cultural activities.
In 2019 we organised a Christmas fair and, although the Quiz Night did not take place because of the COVID-19 lock down, we still raised £5000 to go towards refurbishing the Astroturf sports pitch. We also provided refreshments at many school events.
We have continued to run fundraising campaigns with an environmental focus. Following on from our Plastic Free Charter campaign in 2019 the school has installed drinking water fountains and all year 7 and 8 Pupils were given a reusable water bottle.
This year we successfully fundraised for new bike sheds despite not being able to hold any in-person events. Thanks so much to everyone who donated. The new shelter houses 84 bikes – making a total of 124 available places – so that cycling to school is far easier.
Our regular meetings are open to all parents and carers and are a great way to meet others, share ideas and help to raise much needed funds for the school. These will be virtual meetings for the time being (via Zoom).
Next committee meeting
Details of the next Friends Committee meeting and joining instructions will be sent out a week or so before the meeting. This information will also be available in the Friends' facebook group for parents:
We are always looking for fresh minds and new ideas for social events and for fundraising ideas – please contact us using our email if you'd like any more information - Friends@charternorthdulwich.org.uk.
What we funded in 2019-20
We have raised £5000 to go towards refurbishing the Astro turf sports pitch. We have also agreed to fund:
- A yoga club for sixth formers
- Illustrated history books for Year 7 and 8
- A boxing club for Year 10 and 11
- Mock trial
- Shakespeare production
- Reusable water bottles
How you can help!
Even though we’re not back to physical events just yet, here are 5 ways you can join in and help us:
- Support our latest fundraising campaign – there are details on Givey, Facebook and Twitter
- Sign up to to easyfundraising and amazon smile which feed retailer donations through to us every time you shop online at hundreds of brands like John Lewis, M&S, ebay and Amazon.
- Find out if your employer offers a match giving scheme. If so, join it and make The Friends your beneficiary! We can even help with the paperwork, just get in touch - Friends@charternorthdulwich.org.uk
- Buy or donate uniform at our second hand shop
- And if you have time and ideas to give us, we’d be thrilled to get you involved, whether it’s behind or in front of the scenes. Just drop us a line - Friends@charternorthdulwich.org.uk
Email us at email@example.com to volunteer to help at an event, sign-up to receive information about upcoming meetings and events or just to find out more.
Follow us on Twitter @foTCSND