Please click below to download the full list of required school uniform and equipment. Please note that there are some small differences between different year groups.
White Hall Clothiers will be our uniform suppliers from 7th February 2017. They sell all items of branded uniform together with all non-branded items too (although these don't have to be purchased from them if preferred). They are open from 9:15am - 5:30pm, Monday to Saturday. They are also open during the summer holidays including Bank Holiday Monday.
White Hall Clothiers 77 Camberwell Road (Near Albany Road) London SE5 0EZ
Tel: 020 7703 3604
The Sixth Form wear their own clothes but should dress appropriately for school.
Please see the full uniform and equipment list below:
Uniform, which should be worn to and from school every day and to Achievement Evenings
(Non-gender specific/ should be worn to and from school every day.)
• The school navy blue V-neck sweater with the Charter logo which must be worn (unless directed otherwise)
• A white polo shirt with our logo
• Navy blue formal school trousers worn around the waist (use a belt if required)– no chinos or jeans
• Formal navy-blue shorts or a formal navy-blue school skirt worn just above the knee.
• Plain black hard leather shoes. No trainers or boots. No canvas/ suede shoes, ‘Vans’, ‘Converse’ of any description, or any other soft trainer-style footwear. Plain black hard leather Kicker shoes are acceptable.
• Plain black coat only – no logos, no denim or leather jackets
• Plain navy blue/ black knee or ankle height socks or plain black or navy-blue tights. No leggings
• Tracksuit tops and hooded tops are not allowed in school.
• Long sleeve tops may not be worn under the polo shirt.
• No jewellery allowed - except one small ear stud worn in the earlobe. No other piercings allowed
• Make up may not be worn in Years 7–11
• False eyelashes or nail extensions may not be worn.
• Hair must be of a natural colour.
• No tattoos of any description.
• Plain black headbands can be worn. No other headwear is allowed except for religious/ medical reasons.
• Any neck scarves worn must be plain black
Uniform can be purchased from Whitehall Clothiers Camberwell.
PE Kit (which needs to be brought to each practical lesson, even if a student is unwell or injured)
• Plain navy blue or black sport shorts, skirt, skorts or leggings.
• Navy or black jogging/tracksuit bottoms
• Light blue Charter PE T-shirt
• Navy Charter PE Sweatshirt
• Non-marking trainers
• Football boots for lessons on the field
• Plain navy or black socks
Students who do not bring correct PE kit will be issued a detention and parents/carers will be notified.
Equipment – Ready to Learn
Every student must bring a school bag big enough to carry A4 folders and books every day. The following basic items need to be in the bag:
Pencil case containing:
• 2 x black biros/ pens
• 2 x pencils
• 1 x green biro/ pen
• 1 x 30cm Ruler
• 1 x Calculator
• Coloured pencils and highlighter pens
• Pencil sharpener and eraser
The school bag must also contain:
• This Planner
• Exercise books as required
• A reading book
• PE kit if required that day
• Any other equipment required by subjects