The Charter School North Dulwich was founded in 2000 with the clear commitment to become an exceptional and inclusive community school that transforms the life chances of our young people. This commitment still underpins everything we do.
We believe that all our young people have the potential to achieve in school and succeed in life. We are committed to our pursuit of the highest standards possible in education and we are united in our determination that all students will excel regardless of their starting points or personal circumstances.
We want all our students to flourish and to become creative, confident and caring citizens who are happy in themselves, excited about learning, and ambitious for success. They will leave us ready to participate fully in our democratic society and prepared to face the challenges and opportunities of the 21st century.
- Be the best you can be in everything you do
- Strive to exceed all expectations inside and outside the classroom.
- No excuses- Be ambitious for your future
- Work hard: remember that effort is the key to success
- Keep trying even when you find things difficult.
- Enjoy difficult challenges- Be resilient and maintain a growth mindset at all times.
- Respect yourself, other people and the school environment
- Care for and support each other
- Follow the rules- Value diversity and difference.
All students will develop the knowledge, skills and character so that they can be happy in life, and be successful in higher education or the inspiring career pathway of their choice.
To make this happen we will continue to promote:
Exceptional outcomes: a fantastic academic education combined with wide-ranging artistic, cultural, and sporting activities
Love of learning: inspirational teaching combined with a genuine belief in growth mindset, so that all students and staff flourish and fulfil their potential
Respectful Community: a disciplined and happy family school founded on personal responsibility and caring relationships
Continuous Improvement: the firm belief that we can always get better and the commitment to powerful and dynamic leadership in all areas of the school.